Click Here to Register FREE On Vegiac.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Who is around?

Gem
    Junior Vegee

Default Hi! Who is around?

I wonder who is around? This is such a really wonderful source of information on gf and vege things that I wondered why more people don't visit?

How do you all cope day to day?

Why did you choose vegan or vege?

Do you have any tips to share on making life easier?

Has anyone managed to cope with gf in France, in restaurants and cafes or chalets? I'm going skiing and everything usually is accompanied by masses of french bread, crumbs all over the table, floor and sometimes plates.

Hope to get to know you all soon
    Last edited by Gem; 01-17-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Veteran Vegee

I've been vegan for about 20 years and gf nearly as long. I just found this forum recently. I hadn't really looked because I didn't expect to find many others who were both.

I'm used to it so consider it part of who I am and don't feel like it's a matter of coping. My husband and I make enough supper for planned leftovers for the following day's lunches. He's also vegan which makes life much easier (we met via the veggie date website). When we travel we research restaurants before we go. Vegetarian Restaurants Guide / Vegan Food Directory of Natural Health Food Stores by HappyCow and there's a gluten-free registry website.

My sister and I both went vegetarian and then vegan shortly after my father's heart attack at age 52 (emergency quintuple bypass and pace maker). All the other reasons for going veg*n have made sense since then.

Have you seen these?
    France sans Pain: How to Travel Gluten Free in France
    Celiacs In France? - Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Forum (Home)
    French Celiac / Coeliac Gluten Free Restaurant Card
    www.afdiag.org - Le site sans gluten !

Gem
    Junior Vegee

Hi

Thanks for those links, they are really helpful.

I am on my second week of being a vegiac. I can't have any milk products though and have several other allergies like walnuts and artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives.

I am going to continue to have eggs from my own chickens though so can't really call myself a vegan, but I suppose my diet is closer to one than a vegetarian that can have all that lovely cheese and other dairy products.

Must admit I so rarely go to any restaurants, its all self catering for me. My son went dairy free/nut free/gluten free as a baby so we have some experience. I always thought it would be impossible to go vegan with so many restrictions but it seems workable twenty years on

Thanks again.

I had never even heard the term vegiac till I found here, but it really makes sense lol.

Planning does seem to be what it is all about, and a stock of bananas for snack food. But I am getting to grips with what I can now have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast