It can be difficult sometimes to know what is gluten-free as there isn’t always a label or certification to ensure your food doesn’t have gluten. However, many restaurants, like Jason’s Deli, have gluten-sensitivity menus that help make more informed decisions about what is safe to eat with gluten sensitivity.
Jason’s Deli has a gluten-sensitivity menu that allows those who can’t eat gluten to find choices that work for them. However, it isn’t a gluten-free environment, and all dishes are prepared in a shared kitchen, so cross-contamination is very likely.
Let’s discover what Jason’s Deli does to prepare gluten-free options and what they offer on the menu, from soups to sandwiches.
What’s Gluten-Free at Jason’s Deli?
At Jason’s Deli, special diets are always given extra consideration. This is why they have an entire menu for you to choose from that only has gluten-free options and opportunities for vegetarian and vegan diets.
In addition to the ingredient and allergy information from their suppliers, this menu and knowledge were given by Analytical Food Laboratories (AFL), Grand Prairie, Texas (an independent testing laboratory hired by Deli Management, Inc. d/b/a Jason’s Deli). Its use and any information not confirmed by Jason’s Deli are not under the control of Jason’s Deli or AFL.
Jason’s Deli makes every attempt to bring this information up to date. Ingredient adjustments could be necessary due to factors including local suppliers, recipe modifications, and others. Because many items are made individually, and various serving containers are used, serving sizes may change, as stated in the nutritional information. This menu does not feature trial, regional, or limited-time products.
There is no gluten-free environment at Jason’s Deli. Please ask for gluten-free preparation if you have gluten sensitivity when placing your order. Please be aware that while all their food is made in a shared kitchen, Jason’s Deli cannot guarantee that there won’t be any cross-contact with other gluten-containing goods.
Therefore, they cannot suggest this to anyone with Celiac Disease. The gluten-free options at Jason’s Deli are made for people who are sensitive to gluten or who choose to stay away from it for nutritional reasons.
Read More >> What’s Gluten-Free at Jimmy John’s?
Jason’s Deli offers two gluten-free soups:
- Tomato Basil
- Fire Roasted Tortilla
- Mesa Chicken Salad: Grilled chicken breast completely free of antibiotics, cheddar, grape tomatoes, and sliced avocado served over mixed salad greens. The new Jalapeno ranch dressing is included.
- The Big Chef: There are hard-boiled egg pieces, ham, smoked turkey breast, cheddar, Asiago, grape tomatoes, and kalamata olives on a bed of mixed salad greens. Request a gluten-free dressing.
- Nutty Mixed-Up Salad: Natural, grilled chicken breast, apples, feta, grapes, raisins, dried cranberries, organic field greens, almonds, and grapes. Request a dressing without gluten.
- Chicken Club Salad: Bacon, Grape tomatoes, sliced avocado, Asiago, cheddar, natural, grilled chicken breast, and mixed salad greens make up the salad. Request a gluten-free dressing.
There’s also a salad bar where you can make your salad to conform to your dietary restrictions. You can also use the gluten-free dressings that Jason’s Deli offers.
Jason’s Deli uses Udi’s gluten-free bread so that you can enjoy a sandwich without problems. They offer plenty of choices to build your sandwich, from delicious meat options to multiple spreads to add some extra flavor.
Note that gluten-free bread adds an extra cost, and you will need to ask for it when making your order.
Read More >> Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich Options
Gluten-Free Stuffed Potatoes
- The CB Ranch Potato: 100% antibiotic-free, grilled chicken breast with ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon, and green onions.
- The Plain Jane: Green onions, bacon, sour cream, butter, and cheddar.
- Pollo Mexicano Potato: the antibiotic-free chicken breast grilled and served with sour cream, pico de gallo, cheddar, butter, and southwest spices.
- Texas Style Spud: Beef smoked over an open fire, cheddar cheese, and butter.
Gluten-Free Kid’s Options
- Chicken Tenders: 100% antibiotic-free, boneless, and gluten-free breaded chicken breast, including ketchup.
- Grilled Cheese on gluten-free bread.
- Kid’s Baked Potato
- Ham ; Cheese sandwich on gluten-free bread.
- Turkey ; Cheese sandwich on gluten-free bread.
- All Chips or baked chips ; pickles
- Blue corn tortilla chips ; salsa
- Blue corn tortilla chips ; organic roasted red pepper hummus
- Blue corn tortilla chips ; guacamole
- American potato salad
- Roasted corn ; black bean salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Steamed veggies
- Fresh fruit ; creamy fruit dip
- Chocolate or vanilla ice cream in a bowl
- Ice cream float
Special diets are usually given particular care at Jason’s Deli. For this reason, they provide a whole menu with exclusively gluten-free alternatives and vegetarian and vegan selections.
At Jason’s Deli, there is no gluten-free environment. If you have a gluten intolerance, be sure to request a gluten-free preparation when placing your order. While all of Jason’s Deli’s food is prepared in a communal kitchen, the restaurant cannot guarantee that there won’t be any cross-contact with other gluten-containing products.